Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Break after that last Disaster...

Days 4-7:

This week, as I think I have mentioned before, is/was Brian's Birthday Week.  That being said, I ended up being the one spoiled!  (I have a sneaking suspicion that the Pan Seared Cod might have had something to do with this... ;) )

Wednesday evening saw Brian stepping up to the stove.  He put together one of the first dishes that he ever made for me: Cowboy Beans.  Cowboy Beans, for those of you that have never heard of this (I sure hadn't), consists of ground beef, baked beans of some sort, peppers, onions, and whatever other vegetables he feels like throwing in there.


I wasn't being completely worthless that evening, I was working on a masterpiece of my own: (I apologize for the blurriness of the picture, do you have any idea how hard it is to get a six-month old terrier to stay still when awake?!)




Thursday was the Big Day.  I planned a dinner out with Brian's family.  I'm regretting the fact that I didn't take a picture of the food that night... With all my deficiencies in the kitchen, I think I could have pulled off the same plate.  That's not a good thing.  We went to Logan's, a restaurant that was recommended to me for having steaks on the menu that were inexpensive yet good.  The next morning, Brian and I both thought about calling the rest of the family that had joined us to make sure they were feeling better than we were.

Friday was a fiasco.  I woke up that morning and had to take both dogs into the vet.  Turns out that one dog is a bit OCD and an attention-whore.  The other is so paranoid of strangers that her prescription was "put a sock on it."  But we did end up spending hundreds. So dinner was ham sandwiches and chips. 

Saturday, for non-football fans, was Wildcard Saturday in which the Indianapolis Colts played the NY Jets.  We got a last minute invite to a friends' place for the game and Brian asked me to make a dessert.  I made Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with a Cream Cheese frosting and Marzipan decorations.  That took me 4 hours and dinner became Jimmy John's.  They know my name.  And I'm pretty sure they have my order memorized now, too.


2 comments:

  1. Ok - I wish you could see how hard I'm laughing. Day 3: One picture of Brian cooking, one of the dog, and cupcakes. That's my girl! Don't ever change. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes are gorgeous! You've come a long way with baking. I'm sure cooking will come as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete